NANA Regional Corporation CAD Operator in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Title CAD Operator
Job Number 425BR
Location Albuquerque, NM
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Family Facilities
Company Overview AIS is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer’s mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Job Summary Be a member of an existing highly motivated CADD/BIM team that provides CADD/BIM/Drawing Management support to Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) Facilities Management. Utilize CADD and BIM software platforms to create, update and modify drawings. Utilize other tools and databases to ensure accuracy of data and assets. SN L's physical infrastructure includes approximately 190,000 acres of land and accommodates approximately 1000 government-owned buildings totaling 7.5 million gross square feet.
• Work in a team environment to help in the maintenance, management, and improvement of the quality of building systems drawings in ProjectWise. Disciplines include architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and special systems.
• Incorporation of contractor, architect and engineer redlines into existing and new building drawings.
• Creation of new and update existing Revit BIM files.
• Perform field verification of buildings, systems, room numbers and space assignments.
• Participate in the maintenance and updating of the asset management databases.
• Utilize existing work request tracking applications for the management of the assigned work load. Status work requests on a dally basis.
• Meet and communicate with customers regarding details and completion of daily work assignments.
• Interact with local engineering partners to facilitate daily work assignments.
• Perform daily QA of work assignments and of design projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Knowledge of and ability to apply GD&T, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, American National Standards Institute, and other appropriate standards for dimensioning and toleranclng. Knowledge of computer-aided drafting techniques, CAD modeling and design, and high-level three• dimensional parametric CAD systems. Knowledge of SECOND-CAD
(Systems Engineering CONceptual Design-CAD) system. Knowledge of mathematical formulas and computations. Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods. Knowledge of engineering principles and technical responsibilities within designated discipline. Knowledge of relevant Sandia National Laboratories' procedures, standards, and guides.
Minimum Qualifications (Required) • Associates degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent degree and/or experience.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in CADD drafting; use of CADD software, design and drafting etiquette.
• Design experience in architectural-or MEP disciplines.
• Experience in the creation and editing of BIM files.
• Experience using Autodesk Revit 2016 or later software.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired)
Experience using one of the following CADD software programs with strong motivation to learn additional software:
Bentley Microstation VSi and/or ProjectWise
Autodesk Products, Revit, Navisworks, Recap and or 30 laser Scanning.
Experience with Sandia CADD/BIM/Drawing Management standards.
Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
Inactive or active Department of Energy (DOE) granted L-level security clearance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department
Anticipated Contract Duration 2-3 years
Removal Date 10-Oct-2019