NANA Regional Corporation Competitive Intelligence Specialist in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Title Competitive Intelligence Specialist
Job Number 423BR
Location Albuquerque, NM
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Family Business Development
Company Overview AIS is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer’s mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Job Summary Supports the development of future business, programs, and science and technology Investments by evaluating opportunities related to current and future partners and sponsors, analyzing the current and prospective competitors' discovery and development situation, anticipating changes, providing up-to-date accurate competitive intelligence and reliable analysis, and making strategic inputs to assist senior management. Drives information gathering efforts from primary and secondary sources, and assesses its accuracy, validity, and materiality-including target customers and sponsors, competitive landscape, research and technology, and adjacent markets. Executes qualitative and quantitative research, and delivers analyses that translate data Into key Informational insights and actionable recommendations for complex multi-domain programs by applying critical thinking using technical skills, tools, and expertise. Generates and disseminates actionable intelligence to senior leadership and supports a broad range of research, business development and sales
initiatives In multiple programs and segments. Researches and analyzes the external environment from science and technology to applications and across multiple domains (energy, defense, homeland and International security), and develops an in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape. Develops and manages competitive intelligence and
competitive technical intelligence projects, often in partnership with strategic management units and business development staff and management. Creates compelling presentations and reports, and persuasively explains findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
Job Specifications The IP Management, Licensing, and Business & Competitive Intelligence (BCI) Department is seeking a Competitive Intelligence Specialist to support the development of future business, programs, and science and technology investments by evaluating opportunities related to current and future partners and sponsors, assessing markets and research environments, anticipating changes, providing reliable and actionable analyses, and making strategic inputs to assist leadership.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develops analyses and presents business research results on markets, customers, sponsors and comparative trends across market spaces.
• Works with leadership to identify gaps and define potential opportunities based on emerging trends and the environmental landscape.
• Develops and provides accurate and timely intelligence on R&D environments including key trends and strategic drivers; future directions; and other organizations' R&D strategies, processes, funding profiles, and partnering activities.
• Informs management decision-making by providing information on recent activities, new trends, and critical developments affecting the R&D landscape.
• Supports the licensing process by contributing to external opportunity identification and evaluation.
• Conducts comparative analyses and market research to support specific business development and/or tech transfer activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
Experience with data analysis, including statistical analysis. Ability to conduct research and analyze complex data sets using an in-depth understanding of Sandia's technical capabilities and potential and current customers' and sponsors' technical and mission goals. Experience with qualitative (e.g. Interviewing techniques, focus groups) and quantitative (e.g. surveys, statistical packages) research methods. Deep understanding of Sandia's external competitive landscape and the methods used to discover hard-to-find external information and data. Subject matter expertise in the theory and application of competitive intelligence practices. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to work with leadership, and deliver recommendations that lead to action. Leadership and project management skills, including the ability to exercise initiative and to manage and complete multiple priorities. Ability to work with sensitive or classified information.
Minimum Qualifications (Required) • Bachelor's degree In Business, Economics or relevant discipline plus two or more years of experience; or Master's degree in Business, Economics or relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to work with organizational leadership, and deliver recommendations that lead to action.
• Experience with data analysis, including statistical analysis.
• Experience with qualitative (e.g.: interviewing techniques, focus groups) and quantitative (e.g.:
surveys, statistical packages) research methods.
• Project management experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired)
• Experience with market research for deployment of intellectual property assets.
• Ability to formulate, analyze, and produce visualizations from complex data sets
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department
Anticipated Contract Duration 2-3 years
Removal Date 27-Sep-2019