NANA Regional Corporation Systems Administrator (Secret Required) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Systems Administrator (Secret Required)
RiverTech provides full-spectrum communications, information technology (IT), network operations, video teleconferencing (VTC), audiovisual, multimedia, and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) services and solutions to Department of Defense, Federal Government agencies, and the commercial sector.
Today’s battlespace is complex, global, and constantly evolving. It demands all theaters—space, maritime, ground and cyber—converge to provide real time support to the Warfighter anywhere on the planet. These are the challenges unifying and driving the engineering, business process and project management personnel at RiverTech.
Our space situational awareness and satellite surveillance services protect and defend sea, land, air and space operations and their personnel. And our systems and engineering support teams ensure maritime mobility, safety and cyber security.
Providing the talent, tools, and technologies to ensure exceptional performance in today’s most demanding and strategically critical global environments. This is RiverTech.
Are you searching for a challenging yet welcoming tech environment to stretch your IT skills in? If so, then we might be looking for you, too! We serve on the frontlines of key programs around the US and around the globe. Our systems administrators are key players for those programs. In this position, you can expect to tackle issues relating to administering the Operating Systems (OS) and specialized software integration, ensuring that servers meet mission critical and disaster recovery requirements while performing systems administration (SA) tasks on a variety of OS maintaining IAVAs compliance and mitigating security vulnerabilities and risks. We provide our clients with the exemplary support and care they trust us for. You can boost our team and benefit from having a solutions-oriented group of professionals along side you. Please consider being part of our team - see the details below and we look forward to your application if this appears to be the right role for you!
System Administrator is a member of a multi-functional team providing Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Management (C4IM), and Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) services in support of the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) Contract at Fort Carson, CO.
Operational and functional tasks include administering the Operating Systems (OS) in virtual or physical production platforms and current applications, hardware devices, database and specialized software integration; ensuring that servers meet mission critical and disaster recovery requirements by following the NEC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and performing systems administration (SA) tasks on a variety of OS including Windows Server 2012 R2 R2, Windows Server 2012, Linux and Solaris, implementing security updates, applying OS fixes and patches, and maintaining Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) compliance by following the NEC SOP, and identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities and risks.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Works under the general supervision of the NEC ITSS Fort Carson Project Manager.
- Responds to system failures caused by software and hardware deficiencies by initiating corrective action to recover/restore data and return system back to normal operations; performs diagnostic testing and using various analysis techniques on classified and unclassified systems; isolates the source of problems; resolves hardware problems which may require replacing internal parts of servers (e.g., memory boards, hard drives, etc.); and troubleshoots and solves various problems concerning production and development of various OS platforms.
- Coordinates the backup and restoration of production Veritas Net Backup Media Manager; identifies and mitigates security vulnerabilities and risks concerning anti-virus software, programs and applications; designs and administers scripting techniques using PowerShell; and monitors and reports the quality and relevance of data being captured by all covered systems daily.
- Develops processing logic and sequence keeping in mind such aspects as hardware, programs, data, procedures, system relations, and ITILv3 best practices; monitor storage allocation; analyzes system failures and performs corrective procedures; reviews database performance and application statistics on all systems daily; and initiates corrective action to recover/restore data and returns system back to normal operations.
- Analyzes user ad hoc, complex query procedures, special projects and reports and recommends changes as necessary.
- Modifies the storage structure and mapping between databases; provides recommendations for improvement of the storage and mapping of databases; and develops resources for the development and updating of all data code sets used by database management systems, to include item tables, master items lists, and procedure/documentation building.
- Monitors automated systems and storage to anticipate problems, project trends and identifies unusual patterns; reports monitoring results to the Government; investigates and reports factors such as amount of storage space consumed; accesses and reviews time statistics, frequencies of reads and writes, and unusual problems encountered by customers utilizing Database Management Systems (DBMS); maintains programs for local enhancement requirements for statistical analysis of internal activity of the DBMSs; and assists the Government in monitoring the capability of theater-wide data management equipment to meet mission requirements as user and programmatic demands increase.
- Maintains security procedures to guard against unauthorized intrusion into application, unauthorized updates, and copying or destruction of the databases; performs upgrades to software located on the server operating systems, including security updates, virus updates, and vendor related software fixes and patches; performs security remediation, DISA Gold Platinum and STIG requirements, and backups on systems monthly; complies with all Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) within 24 hours of notification.
- Provides customization recommendations and implements, if approved by the NEC Configuration Control Board (CCB), to meet the needs of different software application packages, hardware connectivity, disk space management, and operating system adjustments; monitors network traffic and avoid or resolve instability caused by viruses, intruders, crashes, and other network threats or problems.
- Manages system activity logs; removes file systems on systems daily; managse user IDs, passwords, log-on points and access rights on database systems weekly; reviews server logs daily and troubleshoots and resolves any errors on server systems.
- Completes approximately 120 work orders/trouble tickets assigned through the Fort Carson ticketing system per month.
- Performs security remediation, DISA Gold Platinum, STIG requirements, and system backups on approximately 10 systems monthly, maintains approximately 10 servers and institute Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA); all IAVAs will be considered urgent priorities and shall be completed within 24 hours of notification,
- Ensures that servers and/or services meet mission critical and disaster recovery requirements.
- Performs systems administration (SA) tasks on a variety of Operating Systems including Windows Server 2012 R2_R2, Windows Server 2012, Linux, Solaris; performs SA tasks including security updates, OS fixes and patches, IAVA compliance, CONOP documentation, and identifies and mitigates security vulnerabilities and risks associated with Windows Server 2012 R2_R2, Windows Server 2012, Linux, and Solaris. All above requirements will be assigned through the AESD ticketing system consisting of approximately 120 work orders/trouble tickets averaged per month.
- Prepares operations and metrics reports and associated documentation.
- Provides on-site support primarily during standard business hours and/or contractually mandated core hours from 0600-1800 hours, Monday through Friday; provides occasional support outside of core business hours.
Education and Years of Experience .
- BA/BS in Information Technology field and 4 years of relevant experience (without BA/BS substitute 4 years relevant experience).
- No less than 2 years current experience in the performance of computer systems support in a secure operating environment.
- No less than 2 years current experience providing systems administration support with elevated permissions.
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for Operating Systems and Applications.
- Understanding of PKI desired.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification. (e.g. CompTIA Security )
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012
- Current VMware
- CompTIA Linux
- Ability to perform duties in the Department of Defense’s (DOD) classified and unclassified environments including JWICS, SIPRNET, and NIPRNET.
- Working knowledge and use of the windows command prompt; ability to conduct standard troubleshooting activities with the command prompt, such as group policy updates, address resolution, and directory navigation.
- Knowledge and competency in the identification, assessment and troubleshooting of computer system components including motherboards, memory, mass storage interfaces, and BIOS firmware.
- Ability to configure Microsoft Office product components (including MS Outlook, and MS Lync) given exchange parameters for DoD enterprise mail; able to configure and perform email configuration and maintenance including the creation and management of .OST and .PST.
- Understanding and ability to map shared network drives to the end users workstation.
- Solid understanding of computer networks (LANs, net connections and IP) including common ports and protocols.
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure; willingness and ability to know how to produce, issue, and manage SIPRNET PKI tokens to authorized users.
- High level of problem solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for complex systems.
- Detail-oriented and possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to provide incident and after action reports and analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional presence. Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in the English language.
- Solid work ethic.
- CompTIA A Certification
- CompTIA Network Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification
- Familiarity with DOD mission-critical web applications such as Defense Connect Online (DCO)
- Familiarity of system management in an enterprise cloud environment
- U.S. Citizen.
- Active SECRET Clearance.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions audio-visual equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches during computer system equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, assembly/disassembly, installation/de-installation, and sustainment.
- May be required to drive vehicle if needed to perform tasks at Fort Carson, CO.
- 6131 Specker Ave, Bldg 1550, Fort Carson, CO
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-CO-Colorado Springs
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: RIV00390