NANA Regional Corporation Network Operations Analyst (TS/SCI Clearance) - Days & Swing shift in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Network Operations Analyst (TS/SCI Clearance) - Days & Swing shift
Five Rivers Services, LLC (FRS) provides full-spectrum communications, information technology (IT), network operations, video teleconferencing (VTC), audiovisual, multimedia, and command, control, communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) services and solutions to Department of Defense, Federal Government agencies, and the commercial sector. Currently, FRS operates in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Djibouti, and several continental U.S. locations.
Our company is seeking a Network Operations Analyst to work day and swing shift.
- The Network Operations Analyst (NOA) position Monitors, analyzes and troubleshoots the enterprise network health, connectivity, services, critical applications, and servers through the use of Network Management tools like SolarWinds, DISA’s Integrated Network Management System (INMS) and WS Watch for the Ground Intelligence Support Activity (GISA) Network Operations Center.
- Collect information from Major Subordinate Commands (MSC) about security incidents, vulnerabilities and security posture of systems throughout the enterprise andprepare operational briefings.
- Uses various ITSM systems to such as Remedy ITSM and Service Center Service Manager (SCSM) to identify trends, potential problems, changes and incidents, which are reported by regional and local service desks that impact the health of the enterprise architecture.
- Receives, briefs, disseminates NETOPs Directives and Operational Orders issued by HQ INSCOM, US Army,
ARCYBER, NETCOM and other DoD Mission Partners. Creates Critical Incident Reports (CIR) based on Hierarchical
Commander’s Critical Information Requirements (CCIRs). CIR information will be generated during the Event and incident management phases of operations.
- Provide analysis on wide area networks using a variety of software monitoring, problem reporting tools (System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), SPLUNK, ACAS, HBSS, and application services (2012 Active Directory). Which includes troubleshooting of Enterprise level issues.
- Research, Create and Implement tactics, techniques, and procedures for implementing approved resolutions to applicable technical issues.
- Provides input to INSCOM and GISA related briefings, charts, executive dashboards, Quarterly Progress Reports and other management documentation.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of performance metrics and statistics.
- 3 years’ experience in Windows Systems Administration, Networking and Security.
- 3 years’ experience in Network Operations Environments with Strong Analytical Capabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products.
- Working experience with DoD Civilians, military and contractors is required
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level 2 (GSEC, Security , SCNP, or SSCP) or 3 (CISA, GSE, SCNA, or CISSP) certified.
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level 2 computing environment trained (i.e., MCSA, MCTS, MCTIP-SA, CCNA, SERVER , etc.) Certification preferred, Training Certificate accepted.
- Active top secret clearance with sensitive compartmented information eligibility (may require to submit to a Counter Intelligence Scope Polygraph).
- Ability to work day and swing shift.
- MCSA 2012 R2 or higher Certification.
- 3 years’ experience installing and maintaining Microsoft Windows Systems Operating Systems.
- 3 years’ experience managing user, groups, computer in MS Active Directory.
- 3 years’ experience administering Windows Server 2012 or later version.
- 3 years’ experience working with Windows Active Directory Administration Tools.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library V3 (ITIL) Foundations Certification.
- Advanced knowledge of MS System Center Service Manager or Remedy ITSM.
- Knowledge of MS System Center Operations Manager.
- Knowledge of Host Based System Security.
- Knowledge of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS).
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes (Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Asset and Configuration Management).
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053.
Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance applying to the position via the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-VA-Ft. Belvoir
Shift: Evening Job
Req ID: FIV01339