NANA Regional Corporation Help Desk Technician/Site Lead (Active SECRET Clearance Required) in Lawton, Oklahoma
Help Desk Technician/Site Lead (Active SECRET Clearance Required)
RiverTech provides full-spectrum communications, information technology (IT), network operations, video teleconferencing (VTC), audiovisual, multimedia, and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) services and solutions to Department of Defense, Federal Government agencies, and the commercial sector.
Today’s battlespace is complex, global, and constantly evolving. It demands all theaters—space, maritime, ground and cyber—converge to provide real time support to the Warfighter anywhere on the planet. These are the challenges unifying and driving the engineering, business process and project management personnel at RiverTech.
Our space situational awareness and satellite surveillance services protect and defend sea, land, air and space operations and their personnel. And our systems and engineering support teams ensure maritime mobility, safety and cyber security.
Providing the talent, tools, and technologies to ensure exceptional performance in today’s most demanding and strategically critical global environments. This is RiverTech.
Are you searching for a challenging yet welcoming tech environment to stretch your IT skills in? If so, then we might be looking for you, too! We serve on the frontlines of key programs around the US and around the globe. Our help desk technician are key players for those programs. In this position, you can also tackle the site lead role. You can boost our team and benefit from having a solutions-oriented group of professionals along side you. Please consider being part of our team - see the details below and we look forward to your application if this appears to be the right role for you!
The Help Desk Technician/Site Lead is a member of a multi-functional team providing Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Management (C4IM) services in support of the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) Automation Management Services (AMS) Contract at Fort Sill, OK.
Operational and functional tasks include:
Receiving work orders, understanding customer needs, and providing mid-to-high level computer support, including hardware and software assistance, to end users in support
Responding to user calls/trouble reports and personally visiting users to troubleshoot the nature of the issue and take the necessary course of action to resolve issues on computer systems operating across multiple classification domains
Escalating issues, where needed, to higher tier services in order to quickly resolve technical problems
Performing systems administration activities to include application management, accounts and active directory services
Providing client and end-user training
Performing scheduled and preventive maintenance on computer systemsEnforcing authentication and security policies at the system level
Applying information assurance (IA) principles and policies to systems and organizations
Providing compliance oversight
Providing SIPRNET PKI token lifecycle management support services to authorized users
Performing other tasks as assigned while demonstrating proficiency, accuracy and attention to detail in assigned duties.
Standard administrative tasks include individual time, timesheet, leave, and training completion; performance management; compliance with customer organization and company standards; performing other tasks as assigned and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy and attention to detail in assigned duties.
Supervisory and managerial tasks include:
- Comprehensive contract and project management, acting as the company’s primary interface with the NEC AMS Fort Sill Staff, Senior Leaders, the Contracting Officer Representative (COR), and Customer Base.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Works under the general operational/functional supervision of the NEC AMS Fort Sill Director and COR.
- Reports administratively to the RiverTech Director, Operations.
- Directs and manages NEC AMS Fort Sill Project Team Staff.
- Provides TIER III support of the Fort Sill mission funded IT systems.
- Generally applies high-level technical skills to address computer system issues and quickly restore mission-critical services; is empowered to operate with broad discretionary and decision-making ability as to applicability and use of defined local Standard Operating Procedures, and/or broad NETCOM and Army Policies and Procedures, using Subject Matter Expert (SME) judgment and experience to solve issues and problems for diverse Fort Sill-wide customer base.
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing, upgrading, and modifying computer systems and peripherals for Fort Sill users.
- Provides end-user support for account management, email and file permissions; installs and provides basic support for approved software in a MS Windows network operating environment. (SIPR/NIPR).
- Performs systems administration services leveraging tools such as Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Applies best practices and establishes procedures in order to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computer systems and ensures compliance with security standards.
- Assists in the development of documents and artifacts to facilitate traceability of work activities and problem resolution; produces, updates, and applies technical work instructions (WI), standard operating procedures (SOP) and checklists to assure quality and consistently deliver results.
- Applies Information Assurance (IA) principles and policies to systems and organizations; performs compliance oversight.
- Provides SIPRNET Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Token lifecycle management support services to authorized individuals.
- Serves as technical expert for all classroom software required for training.
- Serves as SCCM Administrator to create and deploy software packages for training.
- Works with users to test and evaluate a variety of software packages required for training.
- Applies Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) to peripheral devices to include scanners and printers both SIPR/NIPR.
- Serves on the IAVA remediation Team NIPR/SIPR for the remediation of systems identified with IAVA vulnerabilities utilizing ACAS scan results, compliance fixes, patch updates and Group Policy Object (GPO).
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots local area network (LAN) client hardware and software
- Provides Weekly Significant Activities Reports to Director, NEC Fort Sill and Chief, Desktop Support.
- Provides on-site support primarily during standard business hours and/or contractually mandated core hours from 0600-1800 hours, Monday through Friday; provides occasional support outside of core business hours.
Education and Years of Experience.
- BA/BS in Information Technology field and 4 years or relevant experience (without BA/BS substitute 4 years relevant experience).
- No less than 2 years current experience in the performance of computer systems support in a secure operating environment.
- No less than 2 years current experience providing systems administration support with elevated permissions.
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for Operating Systems and Applications.
- Understanding of PKI desired.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification such as CompTIA Security .
- Ability to perform duties in the Department of Defense’s (DOD) classified and unclassified environments including JWICS, SIPRNET, and NIPRNET.
- Working knowledge and use of the windows command prompt; ability to conduct standard troubleshooting activities with the command prompt, such as group policy updates, address resolution, and directory navigation.
- Knowledge and competency in the identification, assessment and troubleshooting of computer system components including motherboards, memory, mass storage interfaces, and BIOS firmware.
- Ability to configure Microsoft Office product components (including MS Outlook, and MS Lync) given exchange parameters for DoD enterprise mail; able to configure and perform email configuration and maintenance including the creation and management of .OST and .PST
- Understanding and ability to map shared network drives to the end users workstation.
- Solid understanding of computer networks (LANs, net connections and IP) including common ports and protocols.
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure; willingness and ability to know how to produce, issue, and manage SIPRNET PKI tokens to authorized users.
- High level of problem solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for complex systems.
- Detail-oriented and possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to provide incident and after action reports and analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional presence.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in the English language.
- Solid work ethic.
- CompTIA A Certification
- CompTIA Network Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification
- Familiarity with DOD mission-critical web applications such as Defense Connect Online (DCO)
- Familiarity of system management in an enterprise cloud environment
- U.S. Citizen
- SECRET Clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions audio-visual equipment weighing up to 75 lbs
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches during computer system equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, assembly/disassembly, installation/de-installation, and sustainment
- May be required to drive vehicle if needed to perform tasks at Fort Sill, OK
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-OK-Lawton
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: RIV00403