NANA Regional Corporation Sr. Oracle Database Administrator (Secret Eligible) in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator (Secret Eligible)
Established in 2006, Ikun is focused on serving the Department of Defense; Department of Homeland Security and Federal Law Enforcement communities with comprehensive Strategy and Operations, Information Technology and Cyber Security, Material Management and Logistics, and Domestic Operation Center capabilities. Easily scalable to any size
project, the magnitude of Ikun’s experience and core competency depth enables us to collaborate with our customers at a strategic level and manage all facets associated with their most complex and demanding mission requirements— anywhere in the world.Careers@Ikun.com
Provide technical skills such as system management, system processing strategies, Oracle and Unix hardware and software application processing, Oracle application scheduling, Oracle and Unix systems administration, applications setup, processing and recoveries, database administration, migrations, computer performance analysis, workload balancing, event management, monitor, troubleshoot, and provide problem resolution for communications, application and customer application support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience and skills in Oracle RDBMS versions 9i through 11g, Oracle Applications (Financials), Oracle Application Server (OAS), Oracle Parallel Server (OPS), Oracle Web Application Server, Oracle Intelligent Agent Software, PL/SQL, Oracle Portal, RMAN, SQLnet, and Oracle Application Express (APEX) products to include building new Oracle instances
and schemas; migration of application database subsystems; troubleshooting and diagnostics of Oracle RDBMS system/ software and monitoring and tuning Oracle RDBMS.
- Provide technical support such as senior level database management support in the broad range of maintenance and utilization of the Oracle Database software operating in enterprise architecture of UNIX, LINUX, AIX, WINDOWS, SOLARIS, HP-UX, and other MID-Tier systems.
- Provide senior level technical guidance in resolving operational/production issues to include hands-on support of the computers and on-the-job training of Government personnel within this area.
- Provide technical support for SQL\
- net, PL/SQL, External Procedures, shell scripts, and Oracle security as defined by the DISA database Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG). Resolve problems that occur during program testing and in production modes.
- Provide export, backups and recovery of established databases with validation testing for contingency operating scenarios. Monitor export logs and ensure data files are maintained.
- Coordinate activities with Network Administrator to ensure hardware and software configuration, installation, and setup are optimized to any technical solutions devised during analysis, design, or creation of program changes.
- Provide technical advice and consulting services during development of application programs and system interfaces. Resolve problems that occur during program testing and in production modes.
- Perform trend analysis on system performance, recommend configuration changes and participate in the planning activities to schedule system upgrades, backup and recovery.
- Monitor configuration management systems and perform audits to ensure contract compliance. Support the administration of task requirements, configuration change control and configuration management as required
- Perform routine configuration management tasks as required under minimal supervision.
- BA or BS degree in a related field and 2 years of related experience is required.
- In lieu of formal education, 4 years of years of experience may be substituted.
- AA degree may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance, in addition to a obtaining a customer site specific SSBI
- Must have work experience with backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Work experience with RAC, Oracle Grid Control, and Oracle Internet Directory (OID) is a plus.
- Oracle certifications are preferred.
- CompTIA Security preferred, but not required.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: IKU01289